Dr. Maekawa’s vision of the Seitai Shinpo Acupuncture Foundation was preceded by her vision as a student to form a “Rainbow Bridge” which would bring Seitai Shinpo from Japan to Hawaii. Her vision of the “Rainbow Bridge” has evolved to include spreading the practice and teaching of Seitai Shinpo to the mainland United States through her students. She insists that each one of her students holds an integral role as part of the Rainbow Bridge, and the bridge carriers are not limited to the students, as there are many other supporters of Seitai Shinpo (patients, past students, and colleagues) who continue to provide much needed guidance and support as well.
The Seitai Shinpo Acupuncture Foundation is a non-profit organization that represents Dr. Maekawa’s vision of the “Rainbow Bridge.” The mission of the foundation is to foster the development and training of expert teachers and proficient practitioners so that the wisdom of Seitai Shinpo perpetuates throughout the professional community and to those who will benefit from its help.
The specific purposes of the Seitai Shinpo Acupuncture Foundation:
- To teach the practice of Seitai Shinpo to acupuncturists around the world.
- To provide a national certification process for practitioners of Seitai Shinpo.
- To assist new practitioners in beginning their clinics practicing the Seitai Shinpo technique.
- To provide continuing education and career support to practitioners.
- To provide research for the advancement of Seitai Shinpo.
- To carry on the tradition started by Sorimachi Sensei and Dr. Maekawa.
Seitai Shinpo Board of Directors:
Honorary President: Daiichi Sorimachi
Executive Director: Chieko Maekawa
Director: Sachiko Murano